The second in the Life of the Mind lecture series on the theme “technology” is scheduled for Tuesday, May 10 at 3:30-5pm in the Russell C. Myers Alumni Center. Free and open to the UC community and public, Life of the Mind features interdisciplinary conversations with UC faculty around a one-word theme. Each quarter, there are two Life of the Mind sessions with three “thought provocateurs” contributing to each session. Each scholar provides a 15-minute talk followed by audience Q&A.
At the May 10 lecture, three distinguished faculty members will address the theme from unique and diverse perspectives:
- Peter DePietro, College-Conservatory of Music
- Howard Jackson, McMicken College of Arts and Sciences
- Ming Tang, College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning
The previous “thought provacteurs” on the subjects of “technology” were:
- Christy K. Holland, College of Medicine
- John McEvoy, McMicken College of Arts and Sciences
- Carlo Montemagno, College of Engineering and Applied Science
Future Life of the Mind themes are “war,” scheduled for fall 2011, and “identity,” scheduled for spring 2012. More information about Life of the Mind, including video of the April 19 Life of the Mind, is available online at www.libraries.uc.edu/lifeofthemind/.
Life of the Mind is co-sponsored by the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost, the Chair of the University Faculty, and the UC Libraries.