With the Scholar@UC 1.6, we have enhanced the user’s image experience with the OpenSeaDragon viewer. This viewer allows zooming, panning, and full screen display of images, including JP2. Take a look at an image from John Wallrodt’s The Durrës Regional Archaeological Project (DRAP): https://scholar.uc.edu/works/images/j96021256
Scholar@UC also supports video deposits with a new work type and metadata targeted towards this type of material. This is the first step towards a larger video experience.
The other changes with version 1.6 are:
- Removed the contact form captcha requirement for logged in users.
- Added the ability to assign read-only permissions to individuals or to a group.
- Added a new work type for video content.
- Added an embedded image viewer.
- Bug fixes
- Editor rights from additional editors are now also granted to linked resources.
- Required form fields no longer accept only space characters as valid content.
- Users are now properly hidden until they own a work.
- All form fields now reject content that includes HTML script tags.