The UCL Digital Lab has been busy over the past several months digitizing new content and collections. While we are still curating some of that content, we wanted to share a few things in the meantime.
Ambrose Bierce letters to Myles Walsh, 1895-1911
The collection of the letters of Ambrose Bierce to Myles Walsh consists of the correspondence to Elizabeth (Lily) Walsh and Myles Walsh from 1895-1911. Myles Walsh’s sister, Lily, was a protege of Bierce and during her illness–and after her death in 1895–in young adulthood, the two men began writing to each other.
University of Cincinnati Historical Books and Reports
We digitized several books and reports relating to UC. All are now available in the Digital Resource Commons. A complete list is presented below, in chronological order.
- In Memoriam James Gamble Nippert
- Christian R. Holmes: Man and Physician by Martin Fischer
- Memorial to Nevin M. Fenneman by John L. Rich
- Jottings in Japan: The Travels of Dr. Raymond Walters to Japan, 1949
- Dr. Raymond Walters, President of the University of Cincinnati, 1932-1955
- Report of the General College Committee, July 2, 1959
- Final report of the [UC] Athletic Program Evaluation Commission, September 1, 1974
- Final report of the [UC] Athletics and Recreational Facilities Long Range Planning Committee, 1978
- Final report of the [UC] Athletic Planning Committee, November 22, 1983
I know what you’re thinking: Indian botany, where did that come from? UC Libraries has a fantastic collection, some of our items are rare and unique. Occasionally these rare and unique items are requested through Interlibrary Loan. Unfortunately, frequently, due to their rarity and condition, we are not always able to fulfill the requests. We’ve embarked upon an effort to, when possible, digitized this content and make it available to the work in digital form.
The first example of this is Some Wild Flowers of Kasmir by Emilia F. Noel. UC’s copy of this 1903 botanical exploration of Kashmir includes many penciled in annotations, believed to be in Noel’s own hand.
As we are able to publish more collections, we’ll make announcements here!