Will the Library be open during the renovation?
Yes. We are temporarily located in the Computer Concourse in Muntz 112K and 112B.
How long will the Library be in its temporary location?
The renovations are expected to be complete in the summer of 2013. We will post an announcement with the official opening date of the new Library in the late spring or early summer of 2013.
Will all Library services still be available?
Yes, with two exceptions: there are no Group Study Rooms in the temporary location and there is no book drop. Library materials can be returned at the Library Information Desk during regular business hours. Other primary services and relocated areas are listed below:
- Library Information Desk [112K]: Please direct all in-person questions to this location. Our general contact information remains the same:
- Phone: 745-5710
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.libraries.uc.edu/ucba/
- Hours of Operation: Our regular and break hours remain the same with the semester begin and end dates for 2012-2014 with one exception: we will be closed for a longer period of time during the December break. See the Hours & Directions updates on our website.
- Computers and Printing [112K]: 20 desktop computers are located next to the Library Information Desk with a printer nearby. The computers require a login and printing is pay-to-print.
- Library Quiet Study Room [112B]: This room is equipped with study carrels and is for quiet study only.
- Media Viewing Stations [112B]: two media viewing stations (VHS/DVD) are available in the Quiet Study Room. Headphones are available at the Library Information Desk [112K].
How do I get books and other UCBA Library materials during the renovation?
The UCBA Library print collection (books, media, journals) is accessible to library staff only during the renovation. You can request materials at the Library Information Desk in 112K and a Library staff member will retrieve them for you. All materials that leave the Library Information Desk must be checked out even if for short-term use.
UCBA students, staff and faculty can still request available library materials from other UC Libraries and OhioLINK (see Requesting Library Materials). Items are delivered to our temporary location and are then available on our holdshelf behind the Library Information Desk in 112K.
Can I still bring food and covered beverages into the Library?
Covered beverages are allowed; however, due to the small space and our proximity to the computer concourse *food is not allowed* in the Library’s temporary space. You may enjoy food again in the new UCBA Library space in the summer of 2013.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us (see above contact information).