Important edit: This information is no longer up-to-date. For more information, visit the Access Library Resource page on the libraries’ website.
With the move to remote learning, many students, faculty, and staff may be using the library’s resources from off-campus for the first time. If so, you may have been surprised that most of our electronic resources are not freely available online as they appear to be when accessing them from on-campus.
In order to use library resources off-campus, you need to prove that you are affiliated with UC due to many of the licenses with vendors that provide our e-book and other electronic resources. Given recent changes to the VPN, we strongly recommend all faculty, staff, and students utilize the Proxy option to access library resources. Instructions for using the Proxy are listed below along with links to instruction videos.
Proxy Login Instructions
Go to: https://libraries.uc.edu/
- Click on My Accounts from the menu bar
- Choose Off Campus Access
- Click on http://proxy.libraries.uc.edu/login?url=http://www.libraries.uc.edu
- Log in with your UC ID and Password (same as Canvas)
- After login, you’ll be returned to the UC Libraries homepage and can navigate to library resources
View Step-by-Step video instructions. [no audio]
NOTE: Login/authentication may not carry over between browser tabs.
These step-by-step videos show how to connect to directly to resources:
- Proxy login from the Library Catalog [no audio]
- Proxy login from Summon [no audio]
As always, if you need assistance, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!