The UC Science and Engineering libraries have recently added the newest collection of Morgan & Claypool’s Synthesis Digital Library of Engineering and Computer Science to its electronic resources. The books are on topics relevant to active research areas such as natural language processing and Human Computer Interaction.
Natural Language Processing for Social Media
This book reviews the current research on NLP tools and methods for processing the non-traditional information from social media data that is available in large amounts, and it shows how innovative NLP approaches can integrate appropriate linguistic information in various fields such as social media monitoring, health care, and business intelligence. The book further covers the existing evaluation metrics for NLP and social media applications and the new efforts in evaluation campaigns or shared tasks on new datasets collected from social media.
Arduino I: Getting Started
This book, Arduino I: Getting Started is written for those looking for a quick tutorial on the Arduino environment, platforms, interface techniques, and applications. Arduino II will explore advanced techniques, applications, and systems design. Arduino III will explore Arduino applications in the Internet of Things (IoT). Arduino I: Getting Started covers three different Arduino products: the Arduino UNO R3 equipped with the Microchip ATmega328, the Arduino Mega 2560 equipped with the Microchip ATmega2560, and the wearable Arduino LilyPad.
For the full list of recent books, click the “Continue Reading” link below.
- Affine arithmetic based solution of uncertain static and dynamic problem – http://proxy.libraries.uc.edu/login?url=https://doi.org/10.2200/S00983ED1V01Y202001MAS032
- Arduino microcontroller processing for everyone – http://proxy.libraries.uc.edu/login?url=http://dx.doi.org/10.2200/S00522ED1V01Y201307DCS043
- Arduino 1: Getting Started – https://www-morganclaypool-com.proxy.libraries.uc.edu/doi/10.2200/S01001ED1V01Y202003DCS058
- Gravitational Waves from Coalescing Binaries – http://proxy.libraries.uc.edu/login?url=https://doi.org/10.2200/S00961ED1V01Y201910WAV001
- Introduction to photonic and phononic crystals and metamaterials – http://proxy.libraries.uc.edu/login?url=https://doi.org/10.2200/S00989ED1V01Y202002MOP002
- Natural language processing for social media – http://proxy.libraries.uc.edu/login?url=https://doi.org/10.2200/S00999ED3V01Y202003HLT046
- Statistical significance testing for natural language processing – http://proxy.libraries.uc.edu/login?url=https://doi.org/10.2200/S00994ED1V01Y202002HLT045
- Statistics for HCI – http://proxy.libraries.uc.edu/login?url=https://doi.org/10.2200/S00974ED1V01Y201912HCI044
- The transfer-matrix method in electromagnetics and optics – http://proxy.libraries.uc.edu/login?url=https://doi.org/10.2200/S00993ED1V01Y202002EMA001
- Theory of electromagnetic beams – http://proxy.libraries.uc.edu/login?url=https://doi.org/10.2200/S00982ED1V01Y202001EST003
- Worth-focused design. Book 1, Balance, integration, and generosity – http://proxy.libraries.uc.edu/login?url=https://doi.org/10.2200/S00992ED1V01Y202002HCI046
- Worth-focused design. Book 2, Approaches, context, and case studies – http://proxy.libraries.uc.edu/login?url=https://doi.org/10.2200/S01000ED1V02Y202003HCI047