Clermont College Library will reopen on August 24 for the Fall 2020 semester. To help address questions, the library has developed a Fall 2020 FAQs page, which we hope will help Clermont students, faculty, and staff understand library operations in the upcoming semester. We anticipate the page will need to be updated throughout as we navigate these unfamiliar times, so feel free to refer to the page often.
Here are a few highlights for things you can expect from your Clermont College Library:
- The library will be open Monday through Thursday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM with an earlier closing on Friday of 4:00 PM. During this time, only the first floor of the library will be open. The second floor and the first-floor collaboration rooms will be closed.
- Course reserves and print journals will not be available.
- The library will be offering reference services and instruction support 100% online. Reference services will operate through chat, online office hours, and online appointments. Librarians are also offering several ways for faculty to continue library, research, and information literacy instruction in a digital format. Ask your liaison for details.
- There will be several online events offered throughout the semester that we hope you will join, including our monthly Lunch with Librarians. Our library faculty and staff are all new, and we want to get to know you! Lunch with Librarians is a regularly occurring virtual social hour to get to know your librarians, and the first one is scheduled for September 8 at noon.
- And in the biggest and best news, OhioLINK borrowing has resumed!
We look forward to helping Clermont College this semester! If you have any questions, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.