If UC does not have the article you want, request it through ILLiad, the online request system.
- Login using your UC central login.
- Fill out a profile once and ILLiad will supply your information for all future requests
- Able to track requests by logging into ILLiad
- Able to revise citations and re-submit requests, or cancel requests electronically
- Able to request an article on the spot when searching a database via the UC Article Linker button.
Key to a seamless process:
- First time users: fill out an ILLiad profile via the Health Sciences Library website BEFORE you request an article!
- Go to http://libraries.uc.edu/hsl/reference/docdel/illiad-hsl.html and log in using your UC central login.
- First time users will be prompted to fill in a profile. This is a one-time experience.
Profile requires your M number that is found on your UC ID card.
University Hospital and Children’s staff: may use ILLiad but will need to have an account set up for them by Gerry Wagner (Head of Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery) at 513-558-8389 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are two UC ILLiad request systems; one for the main campus and one for the Academic Health Center campus.
- If you request an article via a database BEFORE filling out an ILLiad profile, you will automatically be slotted into the main campus ILLiad request system.
- If this happens to you, contact Gerry Wagner for help at 513-558-8389 or email@example.com
Also, your only Pickup Location should be MXC.
If you don’t see these options you’re in the main campus ILLiad profile. Contact Gerry Wagner at 513-558-8389 or firstname.lastname@example.org for help.