Chris Marshall, our new Public Services Assistant, began Tuesday, November 12th. Chris comes to us with 15 years of public services and library aide experience with the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County and Northwest Local School District. She is responsible for processing your OhioLINK, UC, and Interlibrary Loan holds as well as staffing the very busy Information Desk among many other responsibilities.
Here are a few fun facts about Chris:
- Favorite childhood book? My favorite childhood book is The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein. I fell in love with this book the first time I read it in the 8th grade and my feelings have never changed. Such a beautiful story about unconditional love.
- Most inspiration book you’ve read this year? Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo. To me this was an incredible story about a little boy. Very uplifting. It is soon to be a movie. I’m very excited to see it. Always like to see how well they turn a book into a movie.
- Ever had a book autographed by the author? Yes, I have several books autographed by authors. They are all children books. While at my job with the Northwest Local District I was fortunate enough to have several authors come visit the children and talk with them about the books they wrote. I always made sure to get myself an autographed book. Some of the authors that I have autographed books by are: Ted Arnold, Andrea Cheng, Marcia Thorton Jones, Dandi Daley Mackall, Marcia Schonberg. That is just to name a few.
- Favorite reading snack? Pretzels. They are easy to grab as you are reading. Along with those pretzels on a cold winter day you can’t go wrong with a nice cup of hot chocolate, or a hot summer day a big glass of sweet tea.
- Favorite guilt free pleasure reading? I would have to say Danielle Steel books. They are a quick easy read that can be entertaining to read.