Welcome back to the CCM Library!
For Fall Semester 2021, this post includes details of CCM Library services and about accessing library collections. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact a CCM Library faculty or staff member.
COLLECTION ACCESS & BORROWING
- All CCM Library stacks are open to public access during opening hours.
- The CCM Library Circulation Desk is open to public access during opening hours.
- Patrons may pull books and scores from the shelves themselves, and check items out at the Desk.
- Patrons may request CDs and DVDs at the desk (by call number), and then check them out.
- Patrons may request LPs at the desk (by call number) for use in the CCM Library.
- Course reserves for print books, print scores, CDs, DVDs, etc. resumes for Fall Semester. To request items for CCM Library course reserves, please go to the course reserves webpage and use the online form.
- This online catalog is most successful for searching materials held in the CCM Library.
- For basic instructions and tips for finding music materials in this catalog, see How to Use the Online Catalog.
- Different libraries may be designated as pickup locations.
- For example, a CCM patron may use the online catalog’s “Request” function to request a volume of poetry held in Langsam for pickup at the CCM Library.
- Additionally, OhioLINK and SearchOhio items can be requested for pickup at the CCM Library. When logging on to ILL (https://illiad.uc.edu/illiad/CIN/), select “Change User Information” to check that “CCM” shows in the pickup location dropdown field.
- Loan periods: pre-pandemic loan rules and borrowing periods have resumed.
- For information regarding item limits and loan periods for different types of library users, click here and scroll down to “Borrow materials”.
- For example, undergraduate checkouts will have a three week loan period.
- The Click & Collect service discontinued on 30 July 2021.
CCM LIBRARY HOURS
Fall Semester hours will be phased in as we hire and train CCM Library student workers. 23 August-19 September:
- M-Th 10am-8pm
- F 10am-5pm
- Sa CLOSED
- Su 1-5pm
CCM LIBRARY SPACES
- Social distancing of 6’ to be observed in all CCM Library spaces.
- No appointments currently needed to read/work/listen/practice in any library spaces.
- Seating set up to ensure 6’ social distancing in:
- Reading Room (1 person per table)
- Media Lab (computers, scanner, practice pianos, turntable, wepa printer)
- Group study room (max cap. 2 people)
- Microfilm room (max cap. 1 person)
- Seminar Room (max cap. 4 people).