Off campus access to UC Health Sciences Library resources is available through the SSL VPN (Secure Sockets Layer Virtual Private Network) or the proxy server.
SSL VPN Access: (VPN tutorial ; set up instructions) Call the UCIT Help Desk at 556-4357 with installation or general questions about the SSL VPN. VPN FAQs
Secure Access VPN is for UC faculty, staff, or currently enrolled students.
- The first time you use VPN, log into the website using your UC Central Login credentials. Once you have entered the site click on the Network Connect “Start” button at the bottom of the table and wait for the orange lock icon to appear on your taskbar.
- Your initial login will trigger a download that installs in the background once you go to the beige security bar between your browser tool bars and the content of the web page and click on “Accept.” Once you have downloaded the client you will be able to see a “Network Connect” icon in your start menu list of applications.
- Next time you want to access UC resources start the VPN client from your start menu and then launch your browser.
- The SSL VPN supports Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8, Internet Explorer 9, FireFox 3.0 (and above), and Safari 3.0 (and above).
- Mobile users, to access the SSL VPN from your mobile device, please download the Junos Pulse app to your mobile device from your device specific app store.
Proxy Server Access: (Proxy server tutorial)
- The proxy server does not require software installation and is the off campus access login for UC Health and Children’s Hospital (CCHMC) users. UC Health users click here to apply for access to library resources.
- Children’s Hospital physicians with dual UC and CCHMC positions log in using their UC central login. All other CCHMC staff log in using their last name and ID number (usually 5 digits) as their password.
Please follow and like us: