On February 1, 2014, Scopus released a new more action driven design. New redesign features include:
- Items or icons will only appear active when an action is performed. For example, the search history on the home page is not shown until a search is performed.
- Export options will be available when results are selected to export.
- Search results are easier to scan with options that appear only when results are selected.
- Author and Affiliation profiles have been condensed to optimize scanning.
- The reference manager Mendeley has been added to the export options.
- Once export options have been selected and saved, the next export can be done with just one click.