(NOTE Change to Speaker Schedule – updated 11-7-2016)
UC’s celebration of National GIS Day (Geographic Information Systems) will be held on Wednesday, November 16, 2016. GIS Day is a partnership of UC Libraries, UC Department of Geography, the UC Joint Center for GIS and Spatial Analysis (GISSA), and (new this year!) the Greater Cincinnati GIS User Group.
Join colleagues for presentations and networking in 201 Braunstein Hall from 8:45am – 12:45pm. There are a wide range of practical topics — come and go as topics are of interest.
- 8:45 – 9:00 am Welcome, Ryan Herman, PDS, Kenton County, KY & President of Cincinnati GIS User Group and C.J. Changjoo, UC Dept. of Geography
- 9:00 – 9:20 Transportation Planning/GIS, Dave Shuey, OKI Regional Council of Governments
- 9:20 – 9:40 Urban Planning/GIS, Jessica Moss, GIS Analyst, City of Covington, KY
- 9:40 – 10:00 UC Utility Inventory Project/GIS, Jeff Lovin, Senior Vice President, Woolpert, Dayton, OH
- 10:00 – 10:05 Introduction of the UC GIS Certificate Program, Lin Liu and Xinhao Wang, Co-Directors of UC Joint Center GIS & Spatial Analysis
- 10:05– 10:20 Questions & Coffee Break / Breakfast Snacks
- 10:20 – 10:40 GIS Jobs & Job Prospects, Joey O’Brien (& presenters), GIS Analyst, Clermont County, OH
- 10:40 – 11:00 Surviving the Next Plague: Disease Prediction, Diego Cuadros, UC Dept. of Geography
- 11:00 – 11:20 Help Solve Environmental Problems/GIS, John Hurd, CH2M Consulting, Cincinnati, OH
- 11:20 – 11:40 Open Source Solutions for Live Data/GIS, Jesse Glascock, Prime 3SG, Cincinnati, OH
- 11:40 – 12:00 Questions & Coffee Break
- 12:00 – 12:45 Application of Geography, GIS and Spatial Statistics to Public Policies, Xingyou Zhang, U.S. Census Bureau
Contact Amy Koshoffer with questions — email@example.com