While the elevator not working, library patrons may be interested in knowing if there is an alternative way of reaching the CCM Library from CCM without having to negotiate flights of stairs or steep inclines. Here is a tested route (printable pdf):
- In CCM, on level 3, go to the elevator opposite the Bauer Room. (From the Atrium, go left of the Box Office, then right down the corridor. The elevator is a short way down on the right).
- Take the elevator to the P3 level of the CCM Garage and enter the garage.
- Turn left and leave the CCM Garage via the small single-lane entrance. Go across Backstage Drive to the dropped-curb path opposite.
- Either take the steps up to the door into the Dyer’s Complex (CECH) or over to the left there is a ramp leading up to that door. Entering Dyer’s Complex, you will be on level 1.
- Go straight down the hallway until you come to elevators on your left. Take the elevator up to level 4.
- Leaving the elevator, turn left and go to the end of the hallway. Either take the half-flight of steps down or take the elevator found over to the right down to level 4L.
(NB: the elevator can be slow).
- Exit the Dyer’s Complex through the exit on the left and go toward Blegen Library.
- Turn left up the ramp to enter Blegen Library on the 4th floor.
- When you enter Blegen, you will see the Classics Department office directly in front of you. Go across the lobby, then to the left of the office and around to the right behind it, where you find a short corridor. (At the entrance to this corridor, a sign points to the Archives and Rare Books Library.) Blegen’s south elevator is at the end of this corridor.
Call the CCM Library Circulation Desk (513-556-1966). A student working at the Desk will come down the south elevator and give you access to the CCM Library on the 6th floor