UC Libraries is participating in International Education Week with the exhibit Travel the World with UC Libraries, currently on display on Langsam Library’s 4th floor and featuring guidebooks, phrase books, and websites that will aid people in their travels. More information about the exhibit is available online.
The University of Cincinnati highlights International Education Week with keynote speaker Bol Aweng, one of the 35,000 so-called Lost Boys who fled southern Sudan during the second Sudanese Civil War. Aweng will detail his life then and now when he speaks at UC from 7-8:30 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 15, in Room 400 A,B,C of Tangeman University Center (TUC). The event is free and open to the public.
Many other programs are scheduled. A few other highlights include:
- International films from China, Japan and Turkey will be screened on Monday, Nov. 14, Wednesday, November 16 and Friday, Nov. 18 in the MainStreet Cinema
- A pair of international cooking demonstrations in the StadiumView@CenterCourt facility
- Internationally themed meals from Nov. 14-18 in both the CenterCourt dining facility and Mick & Mack’s Contemporary Café
- An interactive game testing world knowledge “WorldQuest Trivia Game” on Thurs., Nov. 17
- An opportunity to submit a first time passport application and have a free passport photo taken on Nov. 17 at UC International Programs.
- A closing Friday night celebration of “A Taste of the World,” including free food and entertainment, in the Tangeman University Center Food Court on Nov. 18.
More information, including a complete schedule of events is available online http://www.uc.edu/international/programs/events.html.