The University of Cincinnati Libraries are happy to provide access to a variety of tools, resources, and services to support your research, teaching, and learning.
We have been working hard to make Langsam Library even better. Please pardon the noise and temporary inconveniences in Langsam Library during our renovations. Check out these improvements that are coming soon!
- Debuting this fall, the newly redesigned Student Technology Resources Center (STRC) will provide an open, comfortable, and high-tech environment in the center of Langsam Library’s fourth floor for students to work on an array of technology projects. As in the past, the renovated STRC will include 10 computer stations where students may work independently or in small groups to design web pages using a variety of software to help with projects starting with PowerPoint presentations to electronic theses and dissertations. New to the redesign will be a Video Production Studio complete with green screen capabilities. Please stay tuned for detailed updates on STRC!
- A new Adaptive Technologies area with computers with large screen monitors, Dragon Natural Speaking dictation software, and JAWS screen reading software.
- 11 additional group study rooms on 5 East bringing Langsam’s total to 28!
Open Group Study Rooms* – 5th Floor: Rooms 502-505, & 510-521 (5 East); 559 (5 North) / 6th Floor: Rooms 603-607 & 621 (6 East) Study rooms are for group use only. Designated quiet study is available on 5th & 6th North. Study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Reserved Study Rooms by Reservation* – 5th Floor: Rooms 541-544 (UCit@Langsam)
Reservations for the current week must be made online http://labs.uc.edu/
- Wireless printing is now available in Langsam Library – look for the workstation on the 4th Floor close to the grand staircase.
- The library website is a gateway to the tools and resources for your teaching, learning, research, and presentations.
- Our CampusGuides combine links to best resources in disciplines, tips for using resources and tools, and research assistance. They cover a vast array of subjects and are organized by academic discipline. You can also browse the guides alphabetically, by library or librarian or search for what you need.
- Our librarians are happy to help you with research, directions, printing/copying, computer troubleshooting, citing sources, etc. Stop by InfoCommons, schedule an appointment with your subject librarian or contact us by phone, email, chat or text.
- Learn more about our resources and services: take a workshop or find a tutorial that answers your question.
- Last but not least, keep up with the latest library news, become a fan, and learn all about our library resources with the UC Libraries blog, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Let us know what we can do to get your semester off to a great start by commenting on this post.