User access to library electronic resources is controlled by UC credentials and the Libraries proxy server. To improve management of this, UC Libraries is changing proxy servers at the end of the spring semester. As a result, all URLs containing the library proxy will need to be changed to the new server address. The Libraries has created tools to assist users in changing/creating proxy URLs. For anyone who bookmarks or includes library resource links in communication, course syllabi, canvas, etc., please plan to change library resource links starting in the month of May to the new proxy URL. The Libraries will maintain the old server through the end of 2021, so access will be continuous for summer semester and ample time is provided for the URLs to be updated.
- May 3rd: server address changes
- FROM: http://proxy.libraries.uc.edu/login?url= http://www.abc.com
- TO: (beginning May 3rd): http://uc.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://www.abc.com
- After May 3rd, example of new proxyURL for the title: Very short introductions https://uc.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://www.veryshortintroductions.com/
- May 3rd through 2021: change library resource links in course syllabi, canvas, personal bookmarks, etc.
- January 2022: outdated URLs will no longer work for library resources
- The proxy tools page will be updated May 3rd to assist with editing URLs
If you have any questions about how to access electronic library resources, please contact a library liaison.