In response to student requests to President Santa Ono and Dean and University Librarian Xuemao Wang for adequate, safe study space on campus for the current exam period, UC Libraries has made arrangements to immediately expand exam hours in Langsam Library beginning today, December 7 and continuing until December 13.
After the posted exam hours listed below, library space only will be open for students to study until 2am every day through December 13. To enter the library after hours, students must do so via the 5th floor UCit@Langsam card-swipe entrance (a valid UC ID is required).
Please note: no library staff or services requiring staff assistance will be available after the posted exam hours (with the exception of UCit@Langsam); however, security will be present thanks to UC’s Public Safety. After 2am, students will be asked to go to UCit@Langsam to remain in the library.
As a reminder, the posted exam hours for Langsam Library are:
- Fri, Dec. 7: 7:45am-7pm [7pm-2am STUDY SPACE ONLY, ENTER VIA 5TH FLOOR]
- Sat, Dec. 8: 10am-7pm [7pm-2am STUDY SPACE ONLY, ENTER VIA 5TH FLOOR]
- Sun, Dec. 9: noon-2am
- Mon-Tues, Dec. 10-11: 7:45am-2am
- Wed-Thurs, Dec. 12-13: 7:45am-11pm [11pm-2am STUDY SPACE ONLY, ENTER VIA 5TH FLOOR]
- Fri, Dec. 14: 8am-6pm
As always, please be safe when leaving the library no matter what the hour. UC has provided several options to get students home safely:
- NightRide will run 8pm-4am, December 2-14, making rounds to pick up students at the base of the Langsam/ERC steps on Woodside Drive. NightRide can be reached at 556-RIDE (or 556-1111 (Public Safety) during 12am-4am Sunday- Wednesday, and 2am-4am, Thursday-Saturday).
- Woodside Drive/Library Garage has been designated a Safe Zone parking garage, which means that from December 2-14, those who enter the garage between the hours of 9pm to 5:59am can exit for $1.