MedlinePlus is the National Institutes of Health’s Web site for patients and their families and friends. Produced by the National Library of Medicine, the world’s largest medical library, provides current and reliable information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues.
- Health topics – symptoms, causes, treatment and prevention for over 1000 diseases, illnesses, health conditions and wellness conditions that are regularly reviewed and updated
- Drugs, Herbs and Supplements – information about prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines, and herbs and supplements.
- Videos & Tools – videos on anatomy, body systems, and surgical procedures. Tools such as interactive tutorials and games, calculators and quizzes to test knowledge and health.
- Lab Test Information – what the lab test is, why it was ordered, how it will feel, and what the results mean.
- Medical Encyclopedia – The A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia includes over 4,000 articles about diseases, tests, symptoms, injuries, and surgeries. It also contains an extensive library of medical photographs and illustrations.
- NIH MedlinePlus Magazine – reports on the latest NIH-supported research breakthroughs and features people from all walks of life talking about how they’ve handled health challenges.
- MedlinePlus Connect – an option for health providers to provide quality health information for patients via patient portals or the patient health record. MedlinePlus Connect is a free service of the National Library of Medicine (NLM), National Institutes of Health (NIH), and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
Check out MedlinePlus and share it with patients, friends, and family.