If there is one thing that is for certain, it is that there was never quite a Fall semester like this one. Despite the upheaval, Clermont College Library persevered and provided a successful semester for its community.
Some of the highlights from the semester:
- In complement to UC Libraries online chat, Clermont College Library chat launched to help those specifically on the UC Clermont campus and courses.
- New webcams and laptops became available through our equipment & technology lending for student use thanks to a collaboration with UC Clermont ITS.
- We offered synchronous and asynchronous events such as Lunch with Librarians, trivia, poetry readings, and digital displays for UC Clermont to stay connected.
If we look at it by the numbers:
- The library kept its doors open for students, faculty, and staff for 481 hours. During that time, 2,486 visitors came through our doors with 398 sign in to use our space to work and study.
- The library faculty created 7 Canvas modules and 3 research guides in support of online courses in addition to making 5 synchronous course visits. Collectively these efforts helped 365 students better their library and research skills.
- Library faculty and staff helped 425 questions find answers at our service desk, through email, or through chat. About 10% of those questions were reference support.
- Students, faculty, and staff requested more than 160 items through our Click & Collect service. Meanwhile, we added 60 new volumes to our collection in addition to assisting faculty with streaming services to use in their online classroom.
This was a first semester in more ways than one, but it was the first fall at UC Clermont for Catie Carlson & Kathy Ladell. Thank you to everyone that helped them learn along the way, and an even bigger thank you to the Clermont College Library Staff & UC Clermont facilities team that made Fall 2020 possible.
See you in the Spring! We have great things planned 🙂