The Citation Analysis guide is available at http://guides.libraries.uc.edu/researchimpact. It provides information on citation analysis tools available at the HSL.
The guide includes information and instructions on how to find the following:
- Citation counts for your research publications
- Citation counts from patents
- To see who’s citing you
- The ranking or impact factor of a specific journal
- To learn more about the H-index and other new indexes for calculating impact
- Explanations of citation research concepts and terminology
- More information on the rationale behind citation research
- Information on altmetrics
- Citation research tutorials for various databases
Instructions are provided for Scopus, Web of Science, and Google Scholar. The guide also provides a list of important terms and their definitions and links to tutorials.
Please contact us if you have any feedback and suggestions for us as we work to make these guides as useful as possible!