During the week of April 14-20 the University of Cincinnati Libraries will join other libraries on campuses and communities nationwide in celebrating National Library Week. The University of Cincinnati Libraries will celebrate National Library Week by offering our users an opportunity to demonstrate their research skills and win prizes by taking a research skills contest.
Each day, April 15th through 19th a question will be posted on the UC Libraries
blog and on the Langsam Library chalk boards. Users can submit their answer to the research question on the blog via an online form or via a paper form, which will be available next to the chalk boards.
- Participants must submit the answers, list the tool(s) they used to find the answers, their name, and email address.
- Both paper and online forms must be submitted by 10 PM.
- Only those who submitted complete and correct answers will be eligible for the prize drawing.
- Participants who submit complete and correct answers to the daily challenges (5 overall) will be eligible for the Grand Prize.
- Participants may NOT use reference services to get the answers, but are welcome to use library tutorials and help pages of the search tools.
Prizes will be drawn daily.
Daily challenge prize: a UC Libraries T-shirt.
Grand Prize: a 25-dollar Visa gift card.
In addition, all winners will have the opportunity to be featured in a READ poster.
Users can brush up for the contest by using library online tutorials and guides:
Correct answers and names of the daily challenge winners will be posted on the blog and chalkboards the following day.
Comments? Questions? Please contact Olga Hart (email: Olga.Hart@uc.edu.
May the odds be ever in your favor.