Friday, February 13, 3-5pm, Langsam Library.
Enjoy refreshments and entertainment while you participate in interactive activities such as calligraphy, origami, haiku readings and more. Visit the Student Technology Resources Center (STRC) and make a video postcard greeting. Listen to music and play games as you welcome in the year of the goat (or sheep).
Activities will include:
- Welcome from Xuemao Wang, Dean and University Librarian
- “Moonloore and the Mountains,” Kevin Grace, University Archivist and Head of the Archives and Rare Books Library
- Music: Tsun-Hui Hung will play the Erhu (Chinese Violin)
- Lion Dance performed by Students from the Cincinnati Chinese School at CCCLA
- Haiku Reading
- Table Tennis and other fun games
- STRC Video Post Card
- Paper-Cutting Display
- Calligraphy and Chinese Symbol Cutting
- and, of course, refreshments.
The event is free and open to all.
The Lunar New Year celebration in Langsam Library is part of a Diversity Grant the Libraries received to promote and celebrate diversity throughout the university. The event is supported by the Chinese Mutual-Aid Association and the Japanese & American Student Society and sponsored in part by Ethnic Programs and Services.
Please follow and like us: