Users can request print library materials by 9am Wednesday for Thursday pickup.
The University of Cincinnati Libraries is expanding its Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service providing users with access to print collection materials in order to support UC teaching and research. Users may now request print items for pickup at the following additional library locations:
- College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) Library
- College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services (CECH) Library
- Geology-Mathematics-Physics Library
- Walter C. Langsam Library
Plans are underway to provide access to the John Miller Burnam Classics Library collection to Classics faculty and graduate students and details will be announced soon.
The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service allows UC users to request print library materials in the Library Catalog for pickup at designated library locations. Requests made by 9am Wednesdays will be available for pickup between noon-4pm on Thursdays. Due dates have been automatically set for August 10. When searching for print materials in the Library Catalog, items with the status of “Held By Library” are available for request. Items from one library location cannot be requested for pickup at another library location.
New Click & Collect retrieval and pickup locations and details:
- Requested items are available for pickup on a table in the hallway immediately outside the CEAS Library (8th floor Baldwin Hall).
- UC i.d. card swipe is required to enter Baldwin Hall.
- Contact Craig Person email@example.com with questions and requests for reserves/reference books.
- Requested items are available for pickup on a cart outside the front doors of the library in the 300 Teachers-Dyer complex.
- Upon arrival, users are to call the front desk at (513) 556-1430 (phone number will be posted on the door to the library) whereupon, library staff will check out requested items and set them on a cart.
- Requested items are available for pickup on a table in the hallway immediately outside the library’s internal entrance at 240 Braunstein Hall.
- UC i.d. card swipe access may be required to enter Braunstein Hall.
- Contact Katie Hillery firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and requests for reserves/reference books.
- Maps are not available for Click & Collect. Contact Holly Prochaska email@example.com (librarian for map collection) for assistance.
- Requested items are available for pickup on carts in the 4th floor lobby.
- If there is an issue between noon-4PM during a Thursday, call (513) 556-1424.
- For additional questions, assistance, and more information: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit UC’s Online Library at https://libraries.uc.edu/about/contact.html.
These latest four libraries to the Click & Collect service join the Albino Gorno Memorial (CCM) Library, the Robert A. Deshon and Karl J. Schlachter Library for Design, Architecture, Art and Planning (DAAP), the Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library and the Archives and Rare Books Library, which began offering the retrieval and pickup service June 8. The Chemistry-Biology Library is not participating in Click & Collect. Contact Craig Person email@example.com with questions and requests for reserves/Oesper History of Chemistry books.
Details and updates to Click & Collect will continue to be posted on the Libraries website.
For other research and library service needs, the University of Cincinnati Libraries remains open and available online to provide users with access to library resources and services.