As the university plans for a broad return of students, faculty and staff to campus for fall semester, the Libraries are preparing our facilities, services and access to collections. Following are important things to know as we Return to Campus. Library spaces, services and access may be adapted in accordance with current and changing safety guidelines. Check the Libraries Return to Campus web page for library service updates.
- Beginning August 2, most library locations will be open and available for use. The availability of certain services and spaces within each library may vary by location. Hours and specific library location information are listed on the website.
- Users are encouraged to maintain social distancing and must follow current university safety protocols outlined on UC’s Public Health Website.
- In addition:
- Tables and chairs may not be moved or reconfigured so as to ensure social distancing.
- All users are encouraged to clean their table and chair upon leaving. The library advises that all users consider a wipe-down upon arrival to their seating location as well. Cleaning supplies will be provided.
- Consumption of food and drink should occur when seated. Please note that some library locations continue to prohibit food and drink.
- Public computers and labs located within library facilities will be available with social distancing measurements and cleaning protocols in place.
- Library spaces and services may be adapted in accordance with safety guidelines. Visit the Return to Campus website for the latest updates.
Requesting Library Materials
- Daily deliveries between libraries have resumed.
- All pickup locations are reactivated, which allows users to request UC materials be sent to the University of Cincinnati library location of choice for pick up.
- OhioLINK, SWORD and SearchOhio items can be requested.
Access to Print Collections
- Service desks and library stacks will re-open at most locations on August 2. This re-opening includes the previously closed floors of the Walter C. Langsam Library and the Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library.
- The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service ends on August 2.
- Course Reserves will resume on August 2.
- Regular, pre-pandemic loan rules and borrowing periods have resumed.
- Summer semester loans continue through August 31.
Access to Online Library Resources
- Beginning August 10, access to licensed online library resources requires user authentication by logging in with a UC username + password and Duo Two Factor authorization.
- More information on accessing online licensed library resources and help with troubleshooting problems will be available on the Libraries website.
- Need help finding library resources? Can’t remember how to access My Library Record to renew materials checked out? Librarians and staff are available to answer your questions via CHAT, Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm.
- Users can also reference the Contact Us webpage to report a website error or to ask a reference or circulation question.
Library Location Information
- Detailed facility, service and contact information for specific library locations is available on library web pages.
UC Libraries looks forward to a safe and productive fall semester. More information about UC Libraries, as well as access to the library catalog, is available via the website.