Love Data Week
UC celebrates International Love Data Week. Feb 14-18, 2022.
UC Libraries will celebrate Love Data Week by hosting several workshops and events around campus.
Love Data Week was started to promote data use in higher education by a collection of academic librarians. It has grown into an international movement where data resources, workshops and collections are showcased during Valentine’s Day week. Learn more about its history and other events at https://myumi.ch/ICPSRldw2022events. #LoveData22
The theme this year is “Data is for Everyone.”
Sponsored by the Research and Data Services Department at UC Libraries along with Office of Research -Research Technologies-Research Computing and Data and the Graduate School, there are events daily to support researchers in every aspect of the data lifecycle from Library, Research Computing, and graduate student team members.
Featuring classes on storage and sharing (GitHub), using GIS to tell a story in a user-friendly format (Intro to Story Maps), data analysis, Introduction to XSEDE Big Data and Machine learning, organizing information (for Grad Students), protecting your own data (Consumer Data Protection), and finding data through patents (Find Patents!), this week will have something for everyone!
- Github, Kranthe Yellugari and Mark Chalmers, 10 am-12 pm, CEAS Library
- Graduate Student Workshop – Organizing and Managing Your Research, Leanna Patton (Chemistry), Marcus A. Brooks (Sociology), and Diamond Crowder (History),Virtual, 12- 2PM
Bioinformatics: Seeking And Finding Data, Tiffany Grant, 2-3:30 PM, HSL Troup Learning Space G005G
Programming in R, Beginning tutorial, Dorcas Washington, 1:30-3:00 pm, HSL Troup Learning Space G005G
- ORCID iD clinic in Lindner Lobby, Maggie Patel and Rebecca Olson, 10:15-11:30 am
XSEDE HPC Workshop: BIG DATA and Machine Learning, Amy Latessa, Research Computing, Virtual (Weds & Fri, 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
- CECH Lunch N Learn, What RDS can Do for CECH, 12- 12:30, virtual by invite only
- Accelerating Time-To-Science – NVIDIA Gpus In Higher Education And Research, Kristopher Keipert, NVIDI, Research Computing, 1:00 – 2:00 PM Virtual
- Programming in R, beginning tutorial, Dorcas Washington, 9:00-10:30, HSL Troup Learning Space G005G
- XSEDE HPC Workshop: BIG DATA and Machine Learning, Amy Latessa, Research Computing, Virtual (Weds & Fri, 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
- Find Patents!, Rebecca Olson, 10-11:00 AM, Langsam 462
- Consumer Data Privacy Workshop, Hong Cheng, 1-2 PM Hybrid, CEAS Library
Adopt a data Set with ICPSR (all week, virtual)
Please contact Rebecca Olson Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org or ASKDATA@uc.edu for more information.