The UCBA Library had a great time celebrating National Library Week (recognized April 12-18, 2015). Many thanks to our UCBA community for stopping by for treats and participating in our related activities.
Matching Game: Visitors matched UCBA faculty to seven scholarly and creative works ranging from books and a journal article to poetry and 3D art. Farheen Asif completed the activity and was drawn from one of two students who completed it correctly. See the correct answers at the end of this post.`
Research Revelry: Research comes in all shapes and sizes (as noted on the sweet treats). Visitors shared their favorite tips and tools as well as their most recent Google searches. See the gallery for images of various NLW 2015 activities and items.
Answers to the UCBA Faculty Scholarly & Creative Works Activity:
- Collective Bargaining and the Battle of Ohio: The Defeat of Senate Bill 5 and the Struggle to Defend the Middle Class / John McNay
- Fetal Waters / Rhonda Pettit
- Black Holes as Gravitational Atoms / Cenalo Vaz
- The Dental Hygienist’s Guide to Nutritional Care / Cynthia Stegeman
- Developing Faculty Learning Communities at Two Year Colleges: Collaborative Models to Improve Teaching and Learning / Sue Sipple and Robin Lightner
- One Small Town, One Crazy Coach: The Ireland Spuds and the 1963 Indiana High School Basketball Season / Mike Roos
- Frictionless Object / Ted Ferdinand and David Hartz