Students and faculty may use the electronic pianos in the CCM Library Media Lab (requires personal headphones). No appointments are necessary.
(See CCML FAQs for how to find the CCM Library).
Additionally, there are 2 electronic pianos in the Piano Recording Room, off the Media Lab. On these pianos, students may record assignments or other performances. No appointments are necessary.
To access the Piano Recording Room and to borrow a recording kit: Continue reading
CCM LIBRARY FACULTY & STAFF
If you have questions, the CCM Library Faculty & Staff are here to help you! Please don’t hesitate to contact one of us for help.
- Dr Jenny Doctor, head of the CCM Library (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ask about: reference and research questions, difficulty accessing library resources, acquiring or donating resources.
- David Sandor, Public Services Supervisor (email@example.com)
ask about: reference questions, circulation or borrowing questions, missing or lost materials, course reserves, student employment
- Dr Suzanne Bratt, Cataloguing Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ask about: cataloguing questions
- The CCM Library student workers are also trained to answer questions about using the CCM Library and accessing its resources. Feel free to ask the student at the Circulation Desk for help. If they cannot answer, they will refer you to the permanent faculty or staff member best suited to respond.
Welcome back to the CCM Library!
For Fall Semester 2021, this post includes details of CCM Library services and about accessing library collections. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact a CCM Library faculty or staff member. Continue reading
ACCESSING ONLINE LIBRARY RESOURCES
- From 10 August 2021, access to licensed online library resources (whether on or off campus) requires user authentication by logging in with a UC username + password and Duo Two Factor authorization.
This means: When you are accessing library resources via the catalog or website, you will be prompted to log in. You need to authenticate even if you have the VPN on. You no longer need to log in via the “Off Campus Access” button, and the “Off Campus Access” page has been eliminated.
More information on accessing online licensed library resources and help with troubleshooting problems is available at the Access Library Resources : FAQs.
- Over the summer, the UC Libraries updated its proxy service. URLs for licensed online resources have been updated. If you try a link and it doesn’t work, scroll down to “Authentic/Proxy Link Troubleshooting.”
If you need to update or generate a link, use the proxy link generator or proxy link converter.
If you have any questions about accessing library resources, contact Dr Jenny Doctor, head of the CCM Library.
The UC Libraries are beginning a trial of the Cincinnati Song Initiative (CSI) Digital Resource, to continue to 31 December 2021. CSI is an online resource developed by CCM alum Sam Martin.
Trial feedback: Please send any trial feedback, comments, or suggestions to Dr Jenny Doctor (email@example.com).
Trial Link for the CCM/UC community to use: Cincinnati Song Initiative (CSI) trial
If you encounter technical issues linking to CSI, send an email to let us know so we can fix the problem quickly.
CSI was founded to bring a concentrated and cohesive source of art song to the greater Cincinnati area. Dedicated to providing unique experiences through the power of music and text, each performance creates a sense of relevance and active engagement between performers and audiences. This is achieved not only through song, but also through spoken dialogue by the artists, which provides a context and historical background that connects audiences to the repertoire. Concerts take place at different venues throughout the Queen City in order to connect with its many vibrant communities and explore all it has to offer.
For example, CSI content includes:
- Concerts featuring singers and pianists of national renown, both staged in Cincinnati and from stages beyond our area.
- Innovation of art song, commissioning and premiering new works to help lead the genre into the twenty-first century and connect closely with today’s audiences.
- A rich suite of digital resources, such as educational webinars, live interviews with living composers, and innovative digital performance projects.
I hope you enjoy exploring this resource! We welcome feedback about what you think of its usefulness as a tool to support teaching, research, and performance (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The CCM Library faculty and staff welcome you back to Spring Semester 2021!
The CCM Library is open and ready to support your work for the semester.
- From Monday, 11 January 2021, the physical library is open Monday-Friday, 1-6pm (on the 6th floor, Blegen Library). For more service information, view full post.
- Study spaces are available by appointment in the Reading Room and the Media Lab
- (see CCM Library Appointments).
- The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service allows UC users to request physical library materials in the Library Catalog. For details about requesting items, please see the CCM Library home page.
- For entrance to the Blegen Library building, UC ID card swipe access is required, and a green light on the COVID Check app is required for UC students, and is strongly recommended for others.
- The due date for most checked-out materials is now August 31, 2021.
- Returns of CCM Library materials are accepted and encouraged. Place return items in the dropbox/carts on the landing outside the main entrance to the CCM Library (on the 6th floor, Blegen Library).
By using Berlin Philharmonic Digital Concert Hall, UC patrons can experience the complete 2020/21 season of the Berlin Philharmonic online. There are two access options: “Direct Access” or to “Login” by creating a personal account that will enable additional features like playlists and email notifications. BOTH OPTIONS WORK for UC patrons. When off campus, remember to use the “proxy” address URL from the CCM Library homepage (under Online Video). Check out the 2020/21 season brochure to see what’s coming up (hint: there’s a live concert this Friday Aug. 28 at 1:00pm).
Welcome to fall semester at the CCM Library.
The physical library is open Monday-Friday 1-6pm. Appointments are available for study spaces in the Reading Room and the Media Lab (including use of computers, media equipment and practice pianos). There is currently no browsing in the score and journal rooms. Please see the CCM Library Re-Opening FAQs.
The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service allows UC users to request physical library materials in the Library Catalog. Pickup is at designated locations, including the CCM Library, Monday-Friday. Please see the CCM Library Re-Opening FAQs.
OhioLINK and Interlibrary Loan Borrowing have resumed.
Borrowed materials may now be returned to CCM Library, Monday – Friday, 1-4 pm. Materials should be returned to the carts on the landing outside the CCM Library main entrance (6th floor landing, Blegen Library).