The UC Libraries are beginning a trial of the Cincinnati Song Initiative (CSI) Digital Resource, to continue to 31 December 2021. CSI is an online resource developed by CCM alum Sam Martin.
Trial feedback: Please send any trial feedback, comments, or suggestions to Dr Jenny Doctor (email@example.com).
Trial Link for the CCM/UC community to use: Cincinnati Song Initiative (CSI) trial
If you encounter technical issues linking to CSI, send an email to let us know so we can fix the problem quickly.
CSI was founded to bring a concentrated and cohesive source of art song to the greater Cincinnati area. Dedicated to providing unique experiences through the power of music and text, each performance creates a sense of relevance and active engagement between performers and audiences. This is achieved not only through song, but also through spoken dialogue by the artists, which provides a context and historical background that connects audiences to the repertoire. Concerts take place at different venues throughout the Queen City in order to connect with its many vibrant communities and explore all it has to offer.
For example, CSI content includes:
- Concerts featuring singers and pianists of national renown, both staged in Cincinnati and from stages beyond our area.
- Innovation of art song, commissioning and premiering new works to help lead the genre into the twenty-first century and connect closely with today’s audiences.
- A rich suite of digital resources, such as educational webinars, live interviews with living composers, and innovative digital performance projects.
I hope you enjoy exploring this resource! We welcome feedback about what you think of its usefulness as a tool to support teaching, research, and performance (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The CCM Library faculty and staff welcome you back to Spring Semester 2021!
The CCM Library is open and ready to support your work for the semester.
- From Monday, 11 January 2021, the physical library is open Monday-Friday, 1-6pm (on the 6th floor, Blegen Library). For more service information, view full post.
- Study spaces are available by appointment in the Reading Room and the Media Lab
- (see CCM Library Appointments).
- The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service allows UC users to request physical library materials in the Library Catalog. For details about requesting items, please see the CCM Library home page.
- For entrance to the Blegen Library building, UC ID card swipe access is required, and a green light on the COVID Check app is required for UC students, and is strongly recommended for others.
- The due date for most checked-out materials is now August 31, 2021.
- Returns of CCM Library materials are accepted and encouraged. Place return items in the dropbox/carts on the landing outside the main entrance to the CCM Library (on the 6th floor, Blegen Library).
By using Berlin Philharmonic Digital Concert Hall, UC patrons can experience the complete 2020/21 season of the Berlin Philharmonic online. There are two access options: “Direct Access” or to “Login” by creating a personal account that will enable additional features like playlists and email notifications. BOTH OPTIONS WORK for UC patrons. When off campus, remember to use the “proxy” address URL from the CCM Library homepage (under Online Video). Check out the 2020/21 season brochure to see what’s coming up (hint: there’s a live concert this Friday Aug. 28 at 1:00pm).
Welcome to fall semester at the CCM Library.
The physical library is open Monday-Friday 1-6pm. Appointments are available for study spaces in the Reading Room and the Media Lab (including use of computers, media equipment and practice pianos). There is currently no browsing in the score and journal rooms. Please see the CCM Library Re-Opening FAQs.
The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service allows UC users to request physical library materials in the Library Catalog. Pickup is at designated locations, including the CCM Library, Monday-Friday. Please see the CCM Library Re-Opening FAQs.
OhioLINK and Interlibrary Loan Borrowing have resumed.
Borrowed materials may now be returned to CCM Library, Monday – Friday, 1-4 pm. Materials should be returned to the carts on the landing outside the CCM Library main entrance (6th floor landing, Blegen Library).
UC libraries are CLOSED. If you have library materials checked out:
Library users are encouraged to KEEP ALL LIBRARY MATERIALS. If you plan to return to campus in the summer or fall, please keep library materials and return them at that time. Fines will not be incurred for items borrowed from UC Libraries, OhioLINK or Interlibrary Loan.
ONLY IF YOU WILL NOT RETURN TO CAMPUS: books, scores, and recordings may be returned to the drop slot outside of the main entrance of Langsam Library (go to the Woodside Garage and take the elevator up to level 4. The library entrance is opposite as you exit the elevator.)
If you have borrowed library-owned equipment (laptops, data projectors, etc.) that you MUST return because you will not return to campus: please contact Public Safety at (513) 556-1111 in advance and arrange to meet an officer. DO NOT LEAVE equipment items outside any library
For service updates and links to online library resources, check the UC Library Online page.
The UC Libraries, including the CCM Library, are now closed. However, the CCM Library faculty and staff welcome any reference or research questions that you may have. You can get in contact with us by e-mail using our Staff Directory.
Set up off-campus access from home
Remember our Top Resources on the website (below).
You might find it useful to explore:
· our Guide to resources for performance arts disciplines
· our Guide to searching the online library catalog for performance arts-relevant materials
These online resources may also prove useful:
· Google Books
· Project Muse
Please continue to submit book and score recommendations. We can place orders, and they will be placed once the libraries reopen.
Hopefully, the library will reopen soon. Stay well and keep in touch!
Extended Spring Break 2020
Monday – Friday 1pm – 5pm
Extended Spring Break 2020
Monday – Friday 1pm – 5pm