Please note the exceptional closing times for the CCM Library this week:
Tuesday, 22 Nov 9am to close early at 6pm
Wednesday, 23 Nov 9am to close early at 5pm
Thursday, 24 Nov CLOSED all day (Thanksgiving break)
Friday, 25 Nov CLOSED all day (Thanksgiving break)
Saturday, 26 Nov CLOSED all day (Thanksgiving break)
Sunday, 27 Nov CLOSED all day (Thanksgiving break)
The lunchtime recital series “Music in the CCM Library” reconvenes this Friday, 16 September, 12-12:50pm.
Conflicts and Meditations, performed by the OLEA chamber music ensemble, features the following works:
DISAGREE! by Miguel del Águila (b. 1957)
Wave Hands Like Clouds by Owen Hopper (b. 1995)
Rodeo Queen of Heaven by Libby Larsen (b. 1950)
For more details…
The amazing new deal with Cambridge University Press is now active!
- The UC community has access to current research from all CUP journals (over 400) for three years, 2022-24.
(Note: Older research from CUP journals is often available through JSTOR.)
- UC authors may publish open-access journal articles with author fees funded (with restrictions).
- Link to more information from OhioLINK.
Welcome back for Spring Semester!
You may wish to know about CCM Library hours and services during the initial weeks when classes are online. Here’s some information that may be useful for you to know:
CCM Library HOURS
- 1/10-1/23: OPEN M-F, 9am-5pm
- Exception: CLOSED Monday, 17 January — Martin Luther King Day
- 1/10-1/23: CLOSED Saturdays and Sundays
Week of Dec 12-17: open for reduced hours only (see listed hours)
Dec 18-Jan 2: closed
Happy Holidays everyone, from the CCM Library Faculty & Staff!
Have a relaxing and rejuvenating break!
Access to Berlin Philharmonic Digital Concert Hall is restored, after a few days of unexpected interruption. They updated their website causing some technical issues that needed correction. Many thanks to the library’s subscription resources team for their prompt response and resolution!
If you like to enter the Berlin Phil Digital Concert Hall as follows, you should have no problem accessing the site after logging in (UCID + password and DUO authentication):
- on the CCM Library home page, through “Top Resources” > “Online Video”
- through the library’s A-Z list of databases
If you use another link, it’s possible it needs updating. Here’s the working URL address:
As before, UC patrons have two options: 1) Direct Access or 2) Login by creating a personal account that will enable additional features like playlists and email notifications. BOTH OPTIONS WORK for UC patrons.
Any questions? Please contact Jenny Doctor (email@example.com).
Students and faculty may use the electronic pianos in the CCM Library Media Lab. No appointments are necessary.
(See CCML FAQs for how to find the CCM Library).
Good-quality headphones are available for use in the CCM Library. Please ask at the CCM Library Circulation Desk to borrow a pair (headphone pad covers will be provided and must be used).
Additionally, there are 2 electronic pianos in the Piano Recording Room, off the Media Lab. On these pianos, students may record assignments or other performances. No appointments are necessary.
To access the Piano Recording Room and to borrow a recording kit: Continue reading
CCM LIBRARY HOURS
The CCM Library is now up to full opening hours for Fall Semester:
- M-Th 9am-10pm
- F 9am-5pm
- Sa 1-5pm
- Su 1-10pm
If you have any questions about access to the CCM Library during those hours, ask the CCM Library Circulation Desk (513-556-1970).
CCM LIBRARY FACULTY & STAFF
If you have questions, the CCM Library Faculty & Staff are here to help you! Please don’t hesitate to contact one of us for help.
- Dr Jenny Doctor, head of the CCM Library (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ask about: reference and research questions, difficulty accessing library resources, acquiring or donating resources.
- David Sandor, Public Services Supervisor (email@example.com)
ask about: reference questions, circulation or borrowing questions, missing or lost materials, course reserves, student employment
- Dr Suzanne Bratt, Cataloguing Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ask about: cataloguing questions
- The CCM Library student workers are also trained to answer questions about using the CCM Library and accessing its resources. Feel free to ask the student at the Circulation Desk for help. If they cannot answer, they will refer you to the permanent faculty or staff member best suited to respond.