The Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library of the University of Cincinnati is promoting the National Institute of Health’s Minority Health Month.
2022’s theme is “Give Your Community a Boost.”
NIH Promotional poster of healthy looking people from various minority groups, one with a band-aid and one with a mask, and one working with an immunocompromised child to communicate the importance of receiving a booster shot for Covid-19.
For information on Covid-19 vaccines in our community, please visit:
For members of the University of Cincinnati:
For citizens of Cincinnati, OH:
For anyone: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.html
For more information on how Covid-19 affects minority communities:
For more information on programs related to Minority Health Month, please visit: https://www.nimhd.nih.gov/programs/edu-training/nmhm/
Please take care of yourselves and stay healthy through the Pandemic! Although numbers are currently down in the USA, the Covid-19 Pandemic is not over.
Keep track of numbers around the world here: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
What is PubMed Health? PubMed Health provides information for consumers and clinicians on prevention and treatment of diseases and conditions. It specialized in reviews of clinical effectiveness research, with easy-to-read summaries for consumers as well as full technical reports.
What else does PubMed Health provide?
- Systematic reviews of clinical trials showing what has been proven to work and what remains unknown
- Summaries and full texts of selected systematic reviews in one place published or updated from 2003
- Information for consumers and clinicians based on those reviews
- Methods resources collection that includes documents about the best research and statistical techniques for systematic reviews and effectiveness research
- Searches that run simultaneously in PubMed. A filter is used to identify all the indexed scientific articles at the National Library of Medicine (NLM) that might be systematic reviews
So take a moment to search and explore PubMed Health this freely available resource!
PubMed Health is a service provided by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) at the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM).