Students in Ashley Kubley’s FASH3020 Computer Aided Design for Fashion took part in a mini-trade show on April 19th, 2019 in the Robert A. Deshon and Karl J. Schlachter Library of DAAP. Representatives from Abercrombie & Fitch and Lectra Technologies were present to judge student work.
These students used the new Fashion Technology Center Lab resources (digital fabric printing and embroidery) and the Rapid Prototyping Center (laser cutting, etching, 3d printing) to complete their fabric samples, as well as, kaledo software. For those interested, there are more photos of work on Instagram @ #daapfashioncad
A reception in the library was enjoyed by all afterward.
Fashion Design Students!
Please check out the Berg Fashion Library
Its amazing features include:
- Reference works including the 10-volume Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion, A–Z of Fashion, and The Dictionary of Fashion History
- More than 100 academic eBooks
- An invaluable museum directory
- Over 13,000 color images from prestigious partners such as the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology, Mode Museum, and the Commercial Pattern Archive
- Unique exhibition archive, which showcases images from historic exhibitions from museums around the world, including the Museum at Fashion Institute of Technology and Somerset House