At the start of this fall semester, UC Clermont Library hosted an online trivia tournament about the life of Rep. John Lewis. We would like to thank everyone who participated! We hope you had fun with it and learned a little something about this important civil rights icon! Below are the results and answers. Continue reading
A joyful opening ceremony on February 28 marked the beginning of WorldFest 2019 at the University of Cincinnati. This year’s program includes 15 cultural programs and events, all of them free and open to the public!
On March 6th UC Libraries and the Quiz Team will co-host an annual Trivia Night.
Come and show off your knowledge of geography, history, cultures, and miscellaneous facts! You don’t have to compete! You will still learn a lot, meet interesting people, and enjoy free food, including Bearcat pizza.
We are sure that the competitors will be as strong as in the past. The top three teams will win the prizes shown below.
What: WorldFest (#UCWorld17 ) Trivia Night hosted by the UC libraries and UC Quiz Club.
When: Wednesday, March 8th, 3:30 – 5:30 PM.
Where: 462 Langsam Library
How to participate: Form a team with a friend (each team will have 2 people) and answer question about world cultures, UC libraries, International Women’s Day and general knowledge.
What to look forward to: The top 3 team win fabulous prizes + Audience Prizes. Pizza and snacks will be served.
Want to come prepared? Check out the CultureGrams and Global Road Warrior databases at http://
Please visit the event Facebook page for more information, including awards.
RSVP at: https://goo.gl/forms/yN51IaNnXRHAnwZS2.
(This would help us get a better count on the expected crowd!)
Question: What genres do you rarely read?
Heather Maloney, Library Director: Biographies. Weird because they interest me, I just don’t pick them up often.
Michelle McKinney, Reference/Web Services Librarian: Horror, Hard Core Sci Fi
Kellie Tilton, Instructional Technologies Librarian: Mystery. I don’t have the patience to wait to the big reveal at the end.
Lauren Wahman, Instruction Librarian: Romance and western. These just aren’t my thing so I don’t ever read them.
Rachel Lewis, Technical Services Manager: Books….LOL!.
Julie Robinson, Library Operations Manager: Western, Oprah’s Book Club (it should be a genre!), Self-Help
Pam Adler, Public Services Assistant: Sci Fi, and horror
National Library Week, Day 2.
Bad book habits come in all shapes and sizes…do any of these sound familiar?
Here are a few fun facts from Tuesday’s Library Trivia board.
Join the UCBA Library as we celebrate National Library Week, April 14th-18th by taking part in any of the following activities:
- All Week
- Library Question of the Day: Each day we’ll post a question related to libraries, reading or books. Answer the question, snag an Info Geek button with your submission and enter for a chance to win a $10 Bleecker Street Gift Card.
- Library Trivia: Interesting library facts will be posted daily on the rolling chalkboard directly across from the library entrance.
- Library Survey: Share your thoughts and ideas about the library on a short survey and enter for a chance to win a $10 UCBA Bookstore Gift Card.
- Wednesday, April 16th
- Pick up a nerdy treat at the Info Desk from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Check out the library staff as they rock their library gear and bling.
- Friday, April 18th: Winners for the Bleecker Street and UCBA Bookstore Gift Cards will be chosen at noon. Winners will be notified by email.