Welcome to fall semester, CECH friends! Though we’ve been open all summer, the CECH Library is so pleased to open our doors yet again to students, faculty, and staff at the beginning of another promising school year.
Like you, we’ve had a busy year – full of projects, planning, and reflection. Here are a few highlights:
- Comprehensive space refresh on our 3rd floor, moving more than 26,800 books (by hand!) to make our highest-circulating collections more visible and accessible and improve user experience in the MakerLab
- Students reached via library instruction – 1257
- First-year student instruction – 401 students via 16 classes
- New instructional videos created – 5
- Updated/edited existing instructional videos – 8
- New children’s book acquisitions – 369
- New Native American children’s and young adult book acquisitions – 120
- Most popular instructional videos — Accessing Safari Books Online, Google Scholar vs. Summon, Academic Writer Basics
- Most popular LibGuides — Information Technology Complete, Study Resources for Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) and Praxis Core Tests, Criminal Justice Statistics and Datasets
- All CECH staff contributed to signature college-wide DEI efforts this year, including Anti-Racism Community Space (ARCs), Common Read, and Diversity Research Day
It is our pleasure to serve CECH, and we wish you all a fantastic semester.
CECH Library Head + Interim Assistant Dean