Earlier in the semester, UC Clermont ran a pilot for extended hours. As promised, we did some reflection on the use and attendance of these hours. It took us a little time to prepare the staff, but we are now ready to announce longer hours for the remainder of the semester.
Beginning November 1, UC Clermont Library will remain open until 6:30 PM on Mondays through Thursdays. Friday hours will remain the same with a 5 PM close. These hours will be in place until the semester ends on November 10.
User access to electronic library resources is controlled by UC credentials and the Libraries’ proxy server. To improve management of this, UC Libraries changed proxy servers. As a result, all URLs containing the library proxy need to be updated to the new server address before December 2021.
If you do not update links before then, they will no longer work for faculty or students. If you have links in your Canvas Course, Bookmarks, or reference manager, visit these office hours to receive help in update the URLs. Associate Librarian Catie Carlson will be available on Zoom and in McDonough 150 on the following dates:
- Thursday, October 21 at 2 PM
- Wednesday, November 10 at 2 PM
- Tuesday, November 30 at 2 PM
To join via Zoom, sign in to Campus Link to view the details for each event. Registration is not required to join on campus or online. See you then!
Have some mid-semester papers needing resources? Here are three resources that will help make the process easy:
Due to a desire to further reduce human density on the Clermont College campus, the Clermont College Library is switching its operations earlier than planned. Beginning now on Monday, November 16, Clermont College Library will be transitioning its support to online and changing its visiting hours to by appointment only.
Your UC Clermont library team is pretty new to campus. Because we may not have a chance to meet you in person this semester, we wanted to offer you a snapshot of each of the library’s faculty and staff. Each employee will be featured throughout the semester. This week Emily Wages, Operations Manager, is featured.
Your UC Clermont library team is pretty new to campus. Because we may not have a chance to meet you in person this semester, we wanted to offer you a snapshot of each of the library’s faculty and staff. Each employee will be featured throughout the semester. This week Kathy Ladell, Assistant Librarian, is featured.
Your UC Clermont library team is pretty new to campus. Because we may not have a chance to meet you in person this semester, we wanted to offer you a snapshot of each of the library’s faculty and staff. Each employee will be featured throughout the semester. This week Catie Carlson, Associate Librarian and Library Director, is featured.
UC Clermont’s newest librarian, Kathy Ladell, has published a new book chapter:
Ladell, K., Chernaik, A.G., Craig, A., Nelson, E., Shelly, A., & Swatscheno, J. (2020). Open Illinois: Supporting educational resources as a consortium. In D. Chase & D. Haugh (Ed.), Open praxis, open access: Digital scholarship in action (pp. 195-208). ALA Editions.
By Heather Maloney and Catie Carlson
Beginning July 6, the libraries at the University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College and Clermont College will join other UC Library locations offering Click & Collect services to provide users with access to print and media collections in order to support UC teaching and research.
The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service allows UC users to request print and media library materials in the Library Catalog for pickup at the owning library location. Currently, deliveries between UC Libraries and OhioLINK requests are unavailable at this time. UCBA Library and UC Clermont Library materials requests made by 9:00 AM Wednesdays will be available for pickup between 12 PM – 4:00 PM on Thursdays. Due dates have been automatically set for August 10.
UC Blue Ash College Library Click & Collect
- Available print and media materials (excluding Reference and Course Reserves) can be requested through the library catalog
- Laptops and calculators can be requested (UCBA students only) by completing the UCBA Library Equipment Request Form. Specific appointment times will be set for equipment pick-ups.
- Requested materials and equipment are available for pick-up at the Community Commons patio outside entry/exit doors nearest to the UCBA Library front entrance. A valid student I.D. must be presented when picking up equipment.
UC Clermont College Library Click & Collect Details
- Materials can be requested through the catalog. can be requested by emailing email@example.com.
- To retrieve materials, enter Clermont College through the East entrance in the Snyder Building near public safety and sign in. Users then will be asked to show an ID prior to taking materials at the library near the front desk.
- If a limited number of requests have been made in a week, you may be contacted for an appointment time rather than utilizing the Thursday window. Appointments are always welcomed to retrieve materials. Clermont faculty/staff may request to have materials delivered to their campus mailbox as well.
For more details about Click and Collect services at other UC Libraries, please visit: https://libraries.uc.edu/about/covid-19.html.